Did you know that on average 20,000 workplace-related eye injuries and accidents occur each year? These injuries have a drastic impact on employee morale and productivity.
It is important for companies to provide the right tools and equipment to help workers protect their eyes and their eyesight if they are to retain employee goodwill and continue to be productive in the long run.
How Do Eye Injuries Occur On The Work Floor?
There are 5 basic reasons for eye injuries and blindness at the workplace and factory floor. These include:
- Exposure to the harmful particles that are a by-product of carpentry, masonry and welding work.
- Exposure to hazardous conditions such as sleight, ice, snow and rain storms.
- Poor lighting on the factory floor.
- Usage of the wrong safety wear eye protection.
- Existing problems with vision such as cataract, glaucoma, macular degeneration and a host of other ophthalmologic diseases caused by diabetes and old age.
The right safety wear eye protection can help your workers retain their eyesight in excellent condition and help you improve the productivity on the work floor.
Tradesmart Eyewear Can Protect Your Workers’ Eyes
Often, eye strain can also lead to other accidents, which can be avoided by proper and timely intervention. At Tradesmart, we stock industrial-grade safety eyewear protection, which is designed to protect the eyes from industrial and environmental pollutants. Our eyewear is developed to reduce glare and cool the eyes when working.
Our range of safety wear eye-protection equipment includes safety glasses, safety goggles, and eye muffs.
Each of our eyewear comes in multiple colours and are available both in clear and tinted varieties. If you'd like to place an order for our eyewear, visit the Tradesmart website today. We deliver nationwide, anywhere across New Zealand.